AVL Low-Voltage Technician
Responsible for the installation of commercial audio, video, and theatrical lighting equipment, including but not limited to cable, fiber optics and electronic devices. The installer is responsible for installing and terminating the products in the most efficient and effective manner. All installations must meet the highest quality standards set forth by Clair Brothers, while assuring a professional and safe working environment. Travel may be required for this position.
- Pulling wire – short and long runs, verifying wires pulled
- Installing speakers, yokes, screens, lights and racks
- Understanding rigging and all safety requirements involved
- Termination of all field wiring to devices, including low-voltage data and Datacom networking
- Accurately notate field changes on drawings for incorporation into as-built set
- Read flow charts and wire diagrams
- Successful history working on large commercial construction projects with other trades
- Full compliance with company's and customer's safety program
- Use and safely operate power tools
Education: Prefer a formal education in Electronics or a related field.
Industry Certifications: CTS preferred.
Experience with Professional Commercial Audio Visual installation techniques required; any of the following: projectors, screens, displays, wiring, cabling, computer controls, rack-building -the complete AV equipment package.
The Staff Account will work with the Accounting Department and HR Manager and report to the CFO. This position has primary responsibility for the month-end close process and preparing and posting journal entries, accruals, creating/maintaining fixed assets, and balance sheet/P&L reconciliations. This position interacts with all other functions of the business including purchasing, sales, manufacturing, as well as external constituents and requires a well-rounded individual with an aptitude for problem solving and an eye for process improvements. Position requires excellent communication skills.
- Prepares, verifies, and controls the journal entries to the general ledger
- Prepares and analyzes financial data
- Updates and maintains general ledger chart of accounts
- Coordinates activity on capital leases/loans
- Coordinates monthly closing activities necessary to guarantee timely reporting
- Assists in review and updating monthly closing procedures
- Reviews supporting schedules to ensure that the Company’s accounting practices are being maintained, i.e. accruals, fixed assets, amortization of prepaid, trial balance reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations
- File and pay Sales and Use tax to each State in a timely manner. Review and file end of year IRS 1099 report
- Reconciles monthly bank statements
- Reconciles payroll and cash disbursement accounts
- Evaluates subsidiary journals for errors and omissions and enter correcting journal entries to the general ledger.
- Performs all tasks associated with the general ledger, e.g., monthly journal entries, monthly closing entries, month-end general ledger review and reconciliation
- Prepare accurate and timely financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual reviews
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
- Operate personal computer in an efficient and accurate manner with the company provided software programs that include QuickBooks, Word, Excel and others
- Work with outside auditors in a professional manner
- Recommend more accurate and efficient procedures for all accounting department functions
- Ensure that confidentiality regarding employees, clients, or vendors is not disclosed to anyone except as authorized by corporate officials or as approved by the CFO or designate
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management
Basic Requirements - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to lean new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- General understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as applicable and ability to apply accounting principles, practices, and techniques
- Strong general ledger accounting experience in a multi-state setting and financial statement preparation
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills required
BASIC: Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship. Position is full-time, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. with overtime as needed.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business with an emphasis in Accounting is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 1 to 3 years of experience, Microsoft Office skills required. Ability to maintain, create and understand complex spreadsheets and database applications.